In 1794, Christian Waldschmidt, a veteran of the American Revolution and businessman, started a new community at a site on the Little Miami River in Sycamore Township, Ohio. He built a general store, a blacksmith shop, a church, Ohio's first paper mill, and one of Cincinnati's first distilleries. After Christian Waldschmidt passed away in 1814 he passed his legacy onto his daughter Catherine and son-in-law Mathias Kugler. They continued their father’s business and distilling legacy for decades. Today we produce only the finest whiskeys just a short distance from that original settlement. Our distillery is located in the Kugler’s historic home celebrating the Waldschmidt and Kugler’s distilling heritage and rugged pioneering spirit.